Florence Miller Law
Helping Utah businesses innovate and grow.
Florence M. Miller has 16 years’ experience providing clients with advice and counsel over a wide spectrum of issues in the areas of employment and labor law, commercial real estate leasing, education, commercial litigation, corporate, family, and health care law.
She has experience providing clients with advice concerning federal and state employment laws, breach of contract, wrongful discharge, defamation, non-compete, personnel policies, employee benefits, ERISA, confidentiality and trade secret issues. She represents clients in state, federal and administrative settings, with a focus on results and minimizing costs.
Latest from the Blog
In 1964, almost 60 years ago, the 88th U.S. Congress passed an ambitious Civil Rights Act. Title VII of the act was supposed to protect employees from discrimination based on race, religion, national origin, color or sex. It does not apply to employers with less than 15 employees unless the employer is the federal government. However, that doesn’t mean small employers have the right to discriminate against U.S. citizens. State and local laws may apply even if Title VII doesn’t.
Areas of Practice
Florence M. Miller is a trial and appellate litigation attorney. She handles business and personal claims of all kinds, is responsive to the needs of her clients, and is proud of her reputation for successfully handling cases as quickly and economically as possible. In addition, she is also proud of her record in complex litigation. Ms. Miller represents both defendants and plaintiffs.
These include the following:
- Commercial contract breaches
- Corporate director and officer disputes
- Corporate shareholder rights claims
- Employer/employee disputes
- Personal injury claims
- Real estate disputes
- State and federal appeals
- Probate disputes
“Action is the foundational key to all success.” ~ Pablo Picasso
About Florence Miller
With a focused business practice and 17 years of experience, Flo has discovered that being able to provide sound and wise legal advice starts and ends with caring about clients.
People often ask Flo whether she likes being a lawyer better than being a nurse. She says she is fortunate to have had the chance to be involved in both professions because her work has always allowed her to help people when it matters. As your lawyer, Flo will also care about your needs, and she will be an effective and dedicated advocate for you.
In her personal time, Ms. Miller enjoys golfing, reading, cooking and spending time with her family.
- Employment and Labor
- Commercial Real Estate and Commercial Leasing
- Commercial Litigation
- Corporate Governance
- Health Care
- Family Law
- Member of the Utah State Bar
- Member of the Michigan State Bar
- United States Court of Appeals, 10th Circuit
- American Bar Association
- Registered Nurse
- J.D., University of Toledo College of Law, magna cum laude (2003)
- University of Toledo Law Review, Executive Editor, Order of the Coif
- B.S.N., University of Utah College of Nursing (1995)
- Current board member for the Boys and Girls Club of Greater Salt Lake
- Current board member for Community Nursing Service
- Member of the advisory committee for Columbus Community Center
- Past Chair for the Utah State Bar Business Section
- Past participant in the Salt Lake Chamber Leadership program
- Former board member for Stepping Stones Int.